Monday, June 21, 2010

Just standing in my kitchen

So today in lieu of poetry Monday, confession-food-sjp blog.

so one time when i was out of food, I put jelly on some saltines. Either because it was really good or that saltines come in huge packages or because I'm perpetually poor, I do this now all the time. Poorfolk food, brain food, after work food, awesome food, power food. Just standing in my kitchen by myself putting jelly on saltines. Seriously, favorite snack. Mmm boy. And then tonight, low and behold, my sister and her depth and breadth of Sex and the City knowledge said, Oh that's not weird, Carrie Bradshaw does that. In an episode called "Secret Single Behavior" SJP via Carrie B. said this: Carrie Bradshaw stacks saltines -- she puts grape jelly on them. And she eats them, standing up in the kitchen while reading the latest issue of Vogue." So I salute you SJP, all the rest of you with bare cabinets with only crackers and jars of jelly, mixing salty and sweet, and the fine folks who make saltines.


1 comment:

  1. Oh jen I do that all the time even when I have money for groceries, which I normally don't, but it's super yummy ;)

    ReplyDelete